Teams in AS will attend a one-day Jamboree on Saturday, Dec 10, with three (3) games in a round-robin format and a pizza lunch. All AS games will be 1.0 hrs in duration, regulation half-ice. One (1) referee will be provided. One (1) coach per team is welcome to assist on the ice; a helmet and skates are mandatory. U10 Steps 1 & 2 will play three (3) games in round robin format on Dec 9-10, with no finals or games on Dec 11. Awards for all participants at this level. All U10 Step 1&2 games will be 1.0 hrs in duration, regulation half-ice. One (1) referee will be provided. One (1) coach per team is welcome to assist on the ice; a helmet and skates are mandatory. U10 Step 3, U12, and U14 will play three (3) games in a round-robin format on Dec 9-11. A guaranteed 4th game final will be held for these divisions on Dec 11. Medals will be awarded for Gold, Silver, and for our first time… BRONZE! All U10 Step 3, U12, and U14 games will be 1.0 hrs in duration, with time allotted for medals and photos after finals. Two (2) referees will be provided. U16 and U19 will play three (3) games in a round-robin format on Dec 9-11. A guaranteed 4th game final will be held for these divisions on Dec 11. Medals will be awarded for Gold, Silver, and for our first time…BRONZE! All U16 and U19 games will be 1.25 hrs in duration, with time allotted for medals and photos after finals. Two (2) referees will be provided.
- Teams who accept their invitation to our tournament will be required to complete more details in Event Connect, including adding your team members to the site and uploading a roster with t-shirt size as we order t-shirts for players attending our tournament. A template will be available.
- Hotels have been secured so once your team is accepted you will be able to block off rooms within this portal. This is NOT a play-and-stay tournament. Teams are welcome to secure their own accommodations.
- APPLICATION PROCEDURE DETAILS: If you have arranged a Golden Ticket, your host Cochrane team will let us know. You will still need to fill out an application form. Please check off Golden Ticket in the additional information box of the application.
- Please DO NOT contact us about your tournament invitation. Teams will NOT be notified BEFORE October 13th and WILL be notified by midnight on October 14th. We receive A LOT of applications and cannot email everyone their status. Only invited teams will be contacted. Please check back on our website after October 14th to see the list of invited teams.
- Once you have been invited, you will have 48 hours to process payment and accept your invitation. Payment will be accepted in the form of an e-transfer. If payment is not received in full before the deadline, your spot may be offered to another team.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: If you need to withdraw your application prior to receiving your invitation, you can do so without penalty. Canceling your attendance after payment is made will result in a minimum fine of between $75 for processing fees, to a maximum of your full registration fee if a replacement team can not be found. Please contact us immediately if you should need to cancel, as more time will likely result in a lesser penalty.
Registration is now closed.
Who was Bob Campbell?
If you live in or around Cochrane, you have probably heard the name Bob Campbell. That’s because Bob was not only a very special member of the Cochrane Ringette family, but also of the community of Cochrane as a whole.
When Bob wasn’t at the rink as a coach, as a ref, as a mentor (on and off the ice) or as the biggest fan in the stands watching his Granddaughters play, he generously and continuously volunteered his time and accounting skills to organizations in both Cochrane and Calgary.
Sadly, Bob passed away in a car accident in the Spring of 2018 at the age of 68.
The following December, the Cochrane Ringette Tournament Committee was presented with a letter on behalf of some of the referees Bob had worked with, mentored and inspired over his long career as a ref recommending that our tournament name be changed to honour the late Bob Campbell.
The letter reads (in part) “he took great pleasure in mentoring new refs and was a strong role model for any young person considering moving up the ranks…. Throughout the years Bob Campbell has been a tremendous supporter of Cochrane Ringette. He could be found on the bench, coaching in the time keeper’s box working the scoreboard and shot clock. He loved everything about the game and his name remains closely linked to the Cochrane Ringette Association.”
Bob Campbell will be forever remembered. The sport of Ringette in Cochrane has been enriched by his contributions, his passion, his knowledge and his generosity. As a tribute to the legacy Bob left behind, the Cochrane Ringette Tournament has been renamed the BOB CAMPBELL CLASSIC.